What You'll Bring:
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence division is looking for a Project Manager to join our growing PMO team and manage global IT projects from Initiation to handover into operation.
This is a permanent post, demanding ownership, accountability, and the ability to manage project deliverables to time, quality and budget. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, analysis and communication skills, and proven experience of delivering successful technology projects in a global environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Deliver HMI IT projects ensuring they meet/exceed, the stakeholders’ (i.e. the businesses and IT’s) expectations, e.g.:
- Manage the IT projects throughout their lifecycle from initiation to handover into operation
- Co-ordinate all project stakeholders to ensure successful delivery.
- Clearly communicate progress, regularly report to all stakeholders and manage their expectations.
- Ensure the appropriate governance functions are observed for projects in accordance with policies and best practices.
- Manage resource, scope and timescales to reduce cost and ensure milestones are met during the usual project flux.
- When required manage third party suppliers to ensure their successful implementation of agreed work to scope, to quality, to budget and on time.
- Support business stakeholders in implementing change, e.g.:
- Support project sponsors in translating their high-level goals into viable business process changes and project objectives.
- Ensure that rigorous business, process, and systems analysis for all projects takes place, ensuring solutions are reliable and future-proof.
- Ensure IT deliver practical, workable, pragmatic, and cost-effective solutions to stakeholders’ business requirements.
- Drive progress on overall business change, in addition to driving progress on the IT project.
- Ensure successful handover of the deliverables to relevant departments operations, including working with the business to identify training needs, developing and delivering end-user training.
- Use best practices and knowledge to improve systems and processes.
- Ran concurrent (at least 5) medium-sized (1 man-years) technology projects ideally in the High Tech Manufacturing or similar.
- Proven ability to get things done – this role delivers change, so it requires strong project management and planning skills, with experience of successful projects delivery on-time, to specification, budget, quality and to delighted customers.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills – this role is one of the primary ‘faces’ of IT to our business stakeholders, and ability to work at all levels by adapting to the requirements of the audience is essential.
- Rigorous and structured delivery approach - in a frequently changing business environment and light touch processes, the ability to create structure and predictability is key to successful delivery.
- Minimal process and control – we work light and lean with just enough, and carefully selected, checks and balances in place, so a strong understanding of Waterfall/ Agile/ DevOps methodologies and experience of working in a continuously changing environment are crucial.
- Ability to see the ‘wood for the trees’ – in a continuously changing business, seeing through detail to the nub of a problem combined with an innate skill in prioritising is critical.
- Pragmatic and enthusiastic – our business grows through acquisition, so a can-do positive attitude, and being calm and focussed under pressure are important to success. As is sharing our belief that the foundation for IT success is simplification and being straightforward to work with.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.