Metrology Software Product Manager
Cobham, United Kingdom
A track record of approaching challenges innovatively along with strong interpersonal skills are also critical success factors for this role. Candidates must be able to “get in the trenches” to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment to drive all aspects of this business.
This role is based in the UK headquarters of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence in Cobham, Surrey. Consideration may also be given to exceptional candidates in other locations in the UK or Europe.
The Metrology Software Product Manager will report to the global VP Marketing and will also report dotted-line to the Metrology Software Product Line Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse and understand the market for metrology software and help to define the company’s strategy to address the market.
- Identify detailed customer requirements. Define and maintain a portfolio and roadmap of metrology software products. Develop a business plan for each proposed product.
- Work with project management and engineering to drive development and ensure timely delivery of each product, following an Agile methodology aligned with the Hexagon Innovation Process.
- Work with other stakeholders in the company, in particular other Product Lines supplying metrology hardware products that will make use of the software. Help to manage competing priorities and communicate a clear roadmap and strategy.
- Contribute to strategic thinking concerning the metrology software business, the metrology business more broadly and Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence overall.
- Work closely with the Sales team, visiting customers globally to understand customer requirements and promote the metrology software products.
- Support product marketing and marketing communications efforts including product launch, presentations, sales tools, and general sales support.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 40%.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related discipline.
- A master’s degree in business, marketing, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years strategic software product management experience, ideally in metrology, or as a supplier to the automotive or aerospace industries.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing software product strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Knowledge of and experience with metrology software and technology is preferred but not mandatory.
- History of developing and growing business in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Worked closely with engineering teams, both hardware and software.
- Experience working across cultures in a global organization and with customers globally.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Worked at ease in a decentralised organisation. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills across cultures.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A mission-driven, team player approach; and a desire to make an impact and difference.
- Demonstrable drive, determination, self-motivation and action orientation needed to be successful in working with short deadlines.
- The maturity, judgment and self-confidence to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- The highest level of integrity and high ethical standards.
- Fluent in English.
- Software design or development experience in a related field.
- Experience across multiple different marketing and engineering functions including software development, project management, product marketing, marketing communications and strategy.
- Ability or fluency in other languages, (especially German and Spanish)