ROLE & PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This role is accountable for the delivery of:
To provide support to both the Sales functions and direct to customer regarding training, service enquiries, contract inspection, fault finding, help desk support and part programming.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of the position include the following:
• Provide customers and other Application Engineers with applications support.
• Meeting all reasonable customer requests for telephone support when under contract or warranty.
• On-site applications support, in line with schedule.
• Lead the investigations and resolution of applications-based customer complaints and where required support business complaints as part of a wider team.
• To provide programming skills and subcontract measurement as required.
• Provide a part programming service for customer components.
• Meeting customer deadlines and quality standards.
• Support promotional activity to provide customer demonstrations.
• Visiting customers to support sales activity.
• Carry out external and internal application training to agreed standards, ensuring the completion of all relevant training documentation.
• Software testing.
• Compliance with workplace health and safety requirements and directions when working on customer / dealer / end user sites.
• Complete Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) activity as and when required.
• Conducts self and strives to demonstrate the Hexagon Core Values.
• Delivery of all Applications task on time, on cost and to the required quality.
• Designing & Developing training material for new products and product enhancements.
• Quality, Health and Safety compliance and general safety and wellbeing within the Applications team.
• Drive and enhance Continuous Improvement (CI) throughout the department.
• Additional duties may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
1. TECHNICAL SPECIALIST SKILLS
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and constraints.
• Work and experience of co-ordinate Metrology.
• Highly capable operating in a Microsoft Office environment to a high level.
• Ability to read technical drawings, ideally proficient in CAD or equivalent.
• Visual Basic skills preferred.
• Knowledge of Core Hexagon Software.
• Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
2. MANAGERIAL SKILLS
• An ability to manage their time effectively within projects ensuring all requests are completed on time on full.
• Maintain accurate timesheets and process forward load requests in line with company procedure.
• An ability to mentor / coach Associate Engineers and Apprentices.
3. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• Good communications skills, able to explain requirements succinctly and simply.
• Confident and professional personality, experienced with direct customer interface.
• Familiarity with existing networks within and outside the organisation upon which you can draw on when appropriate.
• Motivated and enjoys working as a team and achieving results.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.