Technical Support Specialist
Wixom, MI, United States
As the Technical Support Specialist, you will fulfill an essential role providing support for metrology system software to internal and external customer utilizing web applications, phone and email. This role requires an individual with highly-effective communications skills. Ideally, the successful candidate will live in/around North Kingstown, Rhode Island or Wixom, Michigan. If what we’ve described is what you’ve been looking for in a new career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Employing support ticket/knowledgebase tool for customer incident reporting, tracking and resolution
- Engaging and resolving queued tickets through experience, knowledgebase search, ticket search, Jira Search, area expert assistance, and research/testing
- Escalating to case management as needed
- Ensuring phone availability
- Evaluating and prioritizing new ticket qualifications
- Validating ticket data field entry, portal and CSR desktop entry
- Enforcing ticket handling policies - SMA, training requirements, levels etc.
- Encouraging customers to use the support portal and knowledgebase
- Achieving expert status in one area, developing additional areas
- Mentoring Level I and Level II techs
- Developing product knowledge
- Drafting and editing content for knowledgebase
- Planning, directing and coordinating the efforts of the staff toward the accomplishment of overall objectives and strategies
- BS in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and experience with coordinate measuring or statistical process control software and systems
- 8+ years of experience in metrology software and system support or demonstrated abilities
- Windows background
- Ability to think 3-dimensionally
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
WE OFFER A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Paid time off
Tuition reimbursement thru advanced degrees
…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”