Manually operated white light scanner
The rigid carbon fibre based sensor structure offers a stable and protected support for all optical components ensuring high reliability in demanding conditions. Hexagon Metrology WLS400M is the only white light system to operate in hand-held mode with direct triggering.
The system is operated using a standard laptop which can be undocked for off-line operations in addition to serving as an analysis / reporting station.
The Hexagon Metrology WLS400 sensor features advanced LED (Light Emitting Diode) technology to allow highly reliable measurements in demanding conditions.
Hexagon Metrology WLS400 integrated LED technology provides:
- High intensity illumination source
- All illumination modules inside the optical sensor
- Increased system reliability and component lifespan
- Rapid triggering and image acquisition
- Enhanced system throughput
- Safe, low voltage electrical components
- Improved light uniformity for 3D surface measurements
White light technical priciple
The Hexagon Metrology WLS400 sensor projects a random pattern on the object and triggers a simultaneous capture of the area of interest by its cameras. The images are correlated using proprietary algorithms to create a 3D point cloud representation of the area. The sensor also acquires clear black-and-white images used for accurate measurement of specific features such as holes and edges. By combining sensor technology with CoreView software the system can generate a unified 3D inspection report for small to large objects.
The Hexagon Metrology WLS400 is the next generation of Hexagon Metrology White Light sensors featuring the latest technologies including high-resolution digital cameras, LED-based illumination, carbon fibre structure, and rapid data-acquisition and processing.
- Large area coverage with every single shot
- Rapid non-contact data acquisition
- Versatile use in manual and automated applications
- Accurate and reliable operation in shop-floor conditions
- Gathers rich and comprehensive dimensional information
Hexagon Metrology WLS400M features improved portability and usability in production floor environment:
- Light optical head
- Smaller and lighter controller
- All in one system (all on pedestal)
- Laptop compatible
- Small packaging
- Fast assembly, dismantling
- All in one pedestal
- The Hexagon Metrology WLS400M pedestal was devised to provide maximal accessibility in terms of reach and maneuvering. In addition, the system has the unique feature of supporting free hand-held operation.
- One person operation
- Fast switchover to handheld mode
- Assembly and dismantling by single person in less than 10 minutes
- Rapid attachments, Tools free operation and quick start-up process
- Quick system calibration process
3 X 4.0 Megapixel digital cameras designed for industrial applications
Protected by rigid and temperature stable carbon fibre housing
Projection & 3D Reconstruction Technology
Random Pattern Projection
Rapid Shot Stereo Vision Technology
Integrated 2D & 3D technology for fast and accurate surface and features measurement
LED based high power illumination. Reliable and durable.
Field of view: 500 x 500 mm / 19.7 x 19.7 in.
Depth of Field: 230 mm / 9.1 in.
Optimal Working Distance: 780 mm / 30.7 in.
Hexagon Metrology WLS400 Optical Head [WxHxD]: 550 x 265 x 280 mm / 21.7 x 10.4 x 11.0 in.
Hexagon Metrology WLS400 Controller [WxHxD]: 510 x 210 x 245 mm / 20.1 x 8.3 x 9.7 in.
Optical Head : 8 kg / 17.6 lbs.
Control Cabinet: 7.5 kg / 16.5 lbs.
Voltage: 100 - 230 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
Power: 0.7 kW - at peak consumption
Working environment conditions
Operating temperature: 5 - 35° C / 41 - 95° F (limited by PC/Laptop specification. Can be enhanced with cooling systems)
Operating lighting conditions: Low sensitivity to industrial lighting, ambient light sources and non direct daylight
Structure/facility vibrations: Designed for operation in industrial environment with heavy machinery (stamping press, CNC, robotics, etc).
Periodic system certification
On site yearly calibration and certification to traceable artefacts
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Computing platform: Laptop or PC
System Software: CoreView™ by Hexagon Metrology
Certifications & standards
CE / TUV
VDI/VDE 2634 Part 2 standard for optical measurement systems
Traceability to NIST metrology standard artifacts
The Hexagon Metrology WLS400 sensor and supporting CoreView software suite is based on innovative and unique technology developed by Hexagon Metrology . These products are protected by multiple approved patents and other pending patent applications.