Cracow or Warsaw , Poland
An Applications Engineer provides technical sales support for all applications of Hexagon products encompassing metrology, demonstration, functionality, and performance. In addition, the AE I is responsible for performing contract programming tasks and product training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales Support:
- Provide product demonstrations of our hardware and software to prospective customers.
- Effectively communicate benefits of Hexagon’s products for complex metrology applications.
- Assist regional sales team, provide product recommendations for customers’ applications.
- Develop, prepare and conduct training classes to customers (usually in groups of 1-4 people). Training can happen on our premises or at customer site.
- Create training programs and tools to meet customer’s needs
- Contract Programming
- Prepare detailed technical specifications for quotations
- Create programs ranging from simple inspection to complicated logic based graphical user interfaces based on customer specifications.
- Technical Support
- Provide technical support to our customers both onsite and by phone
- Take a challenging issue from problem statement through to resolution and follow-up.
- Continuous self-training of our technologies and software, as the company launches new releases and products
- Master of Science in an Engineering discipline, mathematics, or equivalent combination of education.
- 2 years minimum experience on dimensional metrology applications.
- Solid knowledge of 3D CAD.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Understanding of ISO 10360, ASME B89, and VDI 2617 standards
- Understanding of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA, GR&R)
- Understanding of uncertainty of measurement calculations
- Understanding of Statistical Process control (SPC)
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Advanced computer skills, configuration and maintenance